Searching for the perfect satisfying AND healthy treat?
Then look no further, this chocolate raspberry chia pudding recipe merges the flavors of fresh berries and chocolate to give you that perfect sweet indulgence!
Ending a meal with something sweet is a must for some and an occasional addition for others. If you’re someone with a natural sweet tooth, finding something that satisfies without undermining your health goals is a really good idea!
Let’s acknowledge that indulging in dessert does not mean that all your health-conscious efforts need to go out the window. On the contrary, creating desserts made with wholesome ingredients will naturally satiate you and can be part of a healthy diet.
Healthy Treat Recipe Versatility
I love this healthy chocolate raspberry chia pudding recipe because it can fill in for breakfast or snack as well. For these uses, I recommend adding in a protein powder to boost the nutritional value.
This recipe is made with nourishing sources of carbs, protein and fats. So if you enjoy starting the day on a sweet note or you’re not in the mood for a savory snack, this recipe’s got you covered!
This healthy chocolate raspberry chia recipe is truly satisfying and delicious. Keep in mind that it needs to be made in advance, so with a little meal prep you can have it on hand to eat whenever!
Benefits of Ingredients
- Chia Seeds– Packed with fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids, it makes a nourishing base for this dessert that won’t cause a drastic spike in your blood sugar.
- Chocolate– Aside from providing its delicious taste, dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, aids in heart health and also increases your feel-good hormones!
- Raspberries– These berries are full of nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C and manganese which provides hair, skin, heart and blood sugar benefits. They add a sweet and tart taste to this delicious recipe.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re looking for more healthful dessert options, check out the following recipes that can be found on my blog as well. As always, they are loaded with nutrients, satisfying and satiating.
Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 2 cups Almond Milk- or other milk
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder- raw
- 5 Tbsp Chia seeds
- ½ cup Frozen raspberries
- ½ tsp Agave syrup
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Add almond milk, cacao powder, agave syrup and sea salt into a mason jar and fasten the lid.
- Shake vigorously for a few minutes, until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add chia seeds to the jar and shake once more.
- Gently stir in raspberries, or place them on top.
- Place the jar in the fridge for ~8 hours.
- Pop the lid and it’s ready to be eaten when you want it!